Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Madonna's #RebelHeart Album #O2O

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Madonna's #RebelHeart Album #O2O

It is the queen herself! I can not believed that this woman has been rocking my speakers for my entire life, well at least since elementary school. I'm not sure how she does it but she is timeless. So, I feel blessed to get a chance to check out her latest album: Rebel Heart!!

Mommy Moments with Abby's review of Madonna's Rebel Heart Album:  I love Madonna and honestly don't think their isn't someone who hasn't a some point sang to or rocked out to one of her songs.  She not only crosses time without barrier, but she jumps genre's without issue as well.  Not many can pull this off, but she does it.  So, I may be a little harsher than most when it comes to listening to her music as I've grown to expect a lot from her!

Let's start with the song line up for this album:
Rebel Heart Track List


01 “Living For Love”

02 “Devil Pray”

03 “Ghosttown”

04 “Unapologetic Bitch”
05 “Illuminati”
06 “Bitch I’m Madonna” (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
07 “Hold Tight”
08 “Joan Of Arc”
09 “Iconic” (Feat. Chance The Rapper & Mike Tyson)
10 “HeartBreakCity”
11 “Body Shop”
12 “Holy Water”
13 “Inside Out”
14 “Wash All Over Me”
15 “Best Night”
16 “Veni Vidi Vici” (Feat. Nas)
17 “S.E.X.”
18 “Messiah”

19 “Rebel Heart”

Madonna, the name just brings talent to the table all on it's own and this album seems to be a perfect example of that.  Featuring collaborations with Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, Nas, Chance the Rapper and Mike Tyson who doesn't want to have their name next to the Queen's?  Not only is their a variety of collaborative talent, but their is also a laundry list of the whose who in producing on this album. Producers include Madonna, Diplo, Kanye West, Billboard, Avicii, DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds, Ryan Tedder, Toby Gad, and Ariel Rechtshald.  All that talent probably explains why recording in one city wasn't enough and it was recorded in NY, LA and London!  Like I said, expectations are going to be very high on this one!

As usual, she has a mix of topics from songs about sex to ones with almost religious undertones to them.  All in all I liked the spread, but as in a lot of albums not all the songs were a favorite.  While some I could have lived without others were completely Madonna, with a few that had me on the line caught between what worked for me in them and what didn't.  

Let's start with the songs I could have lived without and get them out of the way so we can gush over the other stuff!  

Devil Pray- Sounds almost like the Duke should go riding through on his horse, which doesn't jive with the lyrics about indulging in drugs.  Add to it the auto-tune and some club sounds and it seemed to have the start of an interesting to good song then dove off into something a little weird for my taste.  

Illuminati: I'm not a fan of songs that name drop and this is Madonna so I feel like she doesn't need to do that, but that is exactly how this song starts.  To me the flow of the music is a little broken, but that could just be that I'm not a fan of how the fan starts so my mind is already in a state of dislike.

Iconic:  I like a lot of these lyrics, but the rhythm sounds like a few of the other songs on this track, and I feel like the music wants to be techno, but doesn't quite go all the way in that direction.  Just not a fan, which is a same because their are really some good lyrics in this song.  

Holy Water: Not a fan of this song.  She really seemed to enjoy the "B" word in this album and I felt that it wasn't necessary in this song.  Also, the sound of the ticking clock was a little anxiety forming for me.  I have three kids and time is always running away from me when I need it, so the sound of a ticking clock in the background hits the nerves a little for me.  

Songs I love: 

Living for Love!  It's almost  a break out song that takes on a different tone. Instead of the cry for me a lot of these songs have it is about lifting oneself up, moving forward, and still living for love, trusting in the love inside of you and that is out their for you.  Very gospel soul sound to the music with a little electric club edge thrown in for a unique sound you can bounce your shoulders to and free your dancing self with!

Ghosttown: Ballad!! Love this about supporting someone!  I'm pretty sure this is for more of a love interest, but their are some line's that I could see a mother singing to her child.  Things about never being alone in the "Mad Mad World",  I think this could be a song with some great messages from a parent to their child about how no matter how bad things get, the parent will always be their no matter what.  

Joan of Arc: This is every teenager's heart song.  I don't think a person alive hasn't had a moment where they feel like the outside world or others have ripped a part of them out.  I can see this being played loudly in a teenagers room while they belt out the lyrics!  We all can use a good cry now and again to cleanse the hurt on our soul and just let it all go.  What a great song for doing just that!

Wash all over me:  This song should be on the next James Bond Movie.  The start of it immediately had the image of James Bond and his Aston Martin speeding around in my head!  It is a great song and the lyrics would even fit a James Bond type situation.  I really love everything about this song.  A song that plays a movie in your head is a great song!  

Songs I'm on the line with: 

Unapologetic B*tch: Reggae sound about a broken relationship.  The rhythm and flow of this is pretty good, but their are some electronic club sounds thrown in that I can't decide if I like or dislike.  One one hand they reminisce a 90's hip hop song, but do they mesh with a reggae sound?  I just don't know and can't decide, I keep changing my mind each time I listen to it. 

Madonna B*tch: Total Dance song that you just want to jump around to!  I love the dance aspect of this song and how it sounds.  What has me on the line is exactly what the title of the song is: "B*tch I'm Madonna"  It for some reason takes me directly to that Britney Spears line, "It's Britney B*tch".  This is Madonna and I wish that another line would have been in this line's place so I wouldn't have the flash to someone else's song because other than that I like the sound of this and can literally see some amazing dance routines come from this song!  So, I'm on the line with this one. 

Body Shop: The start of this reminded me of an old Jewel song.  I'm not sure that the lyrics were to the level that I expect from Madonna.  They weren't bad, but they just didn't hit the level that I have grown to expect and love from her.  So, I'm on the line, sometimes I like the simplicity and other times I want my expectations of deeper or more complex lyrical message to be met.  

Obviously this isn't all the songs that are on the album, just a few in each category that stood out to me to give you an idea of the overall album.  I think this is just too full of good to great songs to not listen too!  Unless someone is doing a favorites or other peoples cover songs your probably not going to love every song on an album.  I think that this album has more songs worth getting the album for than songs that aren't a favorite.

Check out the hashtags: #RebelHeart and #O2O, for more reviews and information about this album. 

You can also check out these social media sites:
LINK TO ITUNES: http://bit.ly/REBELHEART


Check out the song Living for Love for yourself!


 MADONNA
REBEL HEART WORLD TOUR 2015

NORTH AMERICA / PUERTO RICO:

Date City Venue
Aug. 29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena On Sale Mar. 9

Sept. 2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena On Sale Mar. 16
Sept. 5 San Juan, PR Coliseo de Puerto Rico On Sale Mar. 21
Sept. 9 Montreal, QC Bell Centre On Sale Mar. 14
Sept. 12 Washington, DC Verizon Center On Sale Mar. 16
Sept. 16 New York, NY Madison Square Garden On Sale Mar. 9
Sept. 19 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center On Sale Mar. 9
Sept. 24 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center On Sale Mar. 16
Sept. 26 Boston, MA TD Garden On Sale Mar. 16
Sept. 28 Chicago, IL United Center On Sale Mar. 9

Oct. 1 Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena On Sale Mar. 23
Oct. 3 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall On Sale Mar. 16
Oct. 5 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 8 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center On Sale Mar. 16
Oct. 11 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 14 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 17 Portland, OR MODA Center On Sale Mar. 23
Oct. 19 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose On Sale Mar. 9
Oct. 22 Glendale, AZ Gila River Arena On Sale Mar. 23
Oct. 24 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena On Sale Mar. 16
Oct. 27 Los Angeles, CA Forum On Sale Mar. 16

Disclosure Statement: I participated in the Madonna Rebel Heart album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job