Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

Friday, November 14, 2014

Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

Photobucket Each year we end up with a huge crop of lemons.  It may be on account of our three lemon trees, they look more like bushes, but that is another post for another day.  The question then becomes a two part question.  First, just how much lemon can my family take before their faces end up with permanent sour lips? And second, just what in the world to I make with all this fresh squeezed lemon juice?
Photobucket
I usually end up freezing the lemon juice so that I can have some on hand as I come up with things to do with it.  This year I decided to make some fresh lemonade for the kids.  We started by juicing all our lemons by hand.  This took a while and everything/everyone ended up completely sticky, with big smiles on their faces from the fun of smashing lemons on the juicer.



Next I mixed 1 1/2 cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice.  I mix together 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of boiling water.  I stir the sugar water, lemon juice, 4 cups of water, and 4 cups of ice in a jug and stir.  From here I like to chill mine for a day before drinking, but feel free to drink from it right away!  Before you pour remember to stir as the lemon juice can sometimes settle.  Enjoy each drink with maybe a sprig of mint tossed in with some pumpkin seeds or other favorite snack!  I love the way nature gives so much to us, all we have to do sometimes is reach out and take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job