Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: #MiracleGroProject

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

#MiracleGroProject

This post brought to you by Miracle-Gro. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you haven't notice by the bird section of my blog, we love the outdoors and having some of the awesome birds that come/live here is one of the reasons that I've tried to turn my black thumb green!  The problem is, well, let's face it, I tend to kill plants more than grow them!  I've just got a black thumb!  
Miracle-Gro’s The Gro Project is here to showcase that garden projects should not be complicated! Miracle-Gro wants to simplify gardening for a whole new class of gardeners and show that it can be easy, fun and enjoyable!   So, I'm going to take their motivation and use it for my own inspiration.

I live in a hot climate, so I've had to find plants that can hold up to the heat.  I started my Gro Project by adding some plants next to the waterfall next to my pool using Moisture Control Potting Mix. Next, I have a dirt area under my window and keep trying to decide what to do with it?  I can't put anything there that needs a drip system since it is surrounded by concrete, but I want it to help me attract some of the hummingbirds we get here in Arizona.  I would love to start building a little hummingbird sanctuary in my backyard.  
My own Gro Project.  We go hiking a lot and I have been collecting rocks we find to put back there. It has taken a long time, but they are free and will look good in my little garden.  Next, I went and found some draught resistant flowering plants at the local nursery.  Add some Miracle-Gro for desert plants/cactus to your hole with a sprinkling around the plant as well.  Then covered the area with the rocks to help protect the soil from drying up too fast from the heat.  This way the occasional rain we get will stay around longer with the protection of the rocks.  
I've just planted my plants so they are going through the adaptive phase of losing some of their leaves while expanding roots and getting established.  you can already see the new growth on some of them!  
What will your Miracle-Glo Project be?  Check out some other peoples fun garden projects on pinterest!
Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job