Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Giani Granite Review

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Giani Granite Review


Photobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Have you thought about updating your house and love the more luxurious look?  Me too, only I don't have the wallet to allow for that sort of spending! That is why I'm so glad for people who are craftier than I am.  I decided to test out the Giani Granite kit.  This way I can have the look of Granite without the cost.

So, they sent me their kit including testing paper.  The paper is the same as the prime coat that you put down.  The instructions on the DVD they send are very detailed and make applying it easy.  The steps your using are of a mineral based paint so it is heavier and it has a different texture than I was expecting and I was nervous at how runny it seemed.

I applied the first layer of Step 2.  Step 2 is the color portion, obviously Step 1 is the primer portion with Step 3 being the glaze or sealer portion.  So, I started with Step 1 making sure to have on gloves and to cover what I didn't want to get colored.  I used the sponge as they advised after rinsing the sponge and trimming it down.  I dabbed all over the test sheet.  I made sure to have a dab plate, as I call it for after the initial dip into the color to eliminate any dripping and this turned out well.

I went on to the second layer of step two and worked to use different amounts on the test sheet to best see how it looks depending on how much color you apply.  Not the bottom of the sheet has more color than the top thus looks different.

After applying the third layer of step three I achieved a pretty granite like look.  When it dried is was solid and heavy which I hadn't expected.  The mineral compounds bonding together created a nice look and a solid layer coating on the primer.

I love this product for those who are like me and want to upgrade the home without blowing the budget.

If you want the look of granite with out the price check out Giani's site:   http://gianigranite.com/

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job