Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Find Beauty in the Fall with Miracle-Gro!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Find Beauty in the Fall with Miracle-Gro!

This post brought to you by Scotts Miracle-Gro. All opinions are 100% mine.

MiracleGro Logo(1).jpgFind beauty in the Fall wherever you live! I live in Arizona and what many don't know is that the fall is when you plant for the spring!  But what about the fall colors?  I think people often forget the beauty that the fall can hold with all the colors swirling about.  A little Fall gardening can help with that.  Miracle-Gro is sharing fun, simple, and achievable projects for Fall gardens to show they can still be beautiful. 

I checked out www.fallplantandfeed.com and based on my region I found that the fall is perfect for planting tree's and shrubs, because the combination of warm and cool air is perfect for root development.  A Crape Myrtle is recommended for my region.
 

I would love to put some Crape Myrtle Dwarfs in the dirt half circle in my backyard.  It would be perfect since it would keep the dirt in the half circle and out of the pool, but not so large when it would block the kitchen window overlooking the pool!  

MG_Garden_Soil_Tree_Shrub.jpgTo help them grow in the clay soil we have in Arizona I would probably use the Miracle Grow Garden Soil for Trees and Shrubs.  This blend will give the Crape Myrtle Dwarfs the root base they would need as the clay is too hard for them to push around when they first get started.  Plus, the food and fertilizer in Miracle Grow will help them stay healthy!   I would also add the Miracle Grow Tree and Shrub Fertilizer Spikes to help the clay soil around the planted tree maintain the nutrient base and be more hospitible when the roots reach outside the Soil I would put in the initial hole for the plant.  
 Check out the Miracle-Gro Facebook where you can talk with fellow gardeners and share stories! Don't forget to like the page. Miracle-Gro Facebook page
Advertisement
Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job