Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Puppet Theater

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Puppet Theater

 Some days it is just to hot to go outside, so what do you do with a bunch of toddlers, preschoolers, and babies?  You get creative or you go crazy!  I had a large thin box that hadn't yet made it to the recycle bin yet so with a thought and a box we started down the path of imagination!
 Supplies:
1 large thin box
Xacto-knife
white paper
paints
box tape

I started by opening both the top and bottom of the box.  With the Xacto-knife I cut a slip down one of the wider sides of the box.  On the other side about 2 inches from the top I cut a wide rectangle out.

I taped open the back flaps, so that they came out from the front at a 90 degree angle.  I covered the entire thing in white paper.











I handed out the paint shirts and put the paint out for the kids and turned them loose knowing I would again be keeping Lysol in business with my next trip to Costco!


They went to town painting our new Puppet Theater!  They were already creating stories and idea's for puppets!  Make sure to pull out your "Kid's Say the Darn-est Things" journal and jot down the jems, creation ideas, and pearls of wisdom your little one offers to you!  Once done and dried, get ready to make some puppets and have hours of too hot for outdoors or rainy day fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job