Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Messy Recipes

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Messy Recipes

Why is it when I big mess comes about I'm out of what I need to clean it with?  I'm not sure how it happens but I always feel like I have to cover a mess, load up the kids, corral the dogs and go to the store.  I get so frustrated!!!!  To help you save time and money here are some handy do it yourself cleaning recipes to try:

These are just suggestions consult experts when needed and be careful of your own health issues regarding any of the ingredients.

Scouring Powder
1 cup baking soda
1 cup salt
1 cup borax
Mix and start scrubbing

Sink Clog Remover:
3 antacid tablets followed by 1 cup of white vinegar give a few minutes to work

Sink Clog Remover:
2 tablespoons of baking soda followed by 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide give a few minutes to work

Tub Rust Stain Remover:
1/2 cup lemon and 1/2 borax mix and scrub

Grimy Hand Cleaner:
Take 1 orange and remove seeds careful make sure to add entire orange except for seeds to blender and blend, now mix in cornmeal until paste and put in an old baby food jar or other container to store next to your utility sink to clean your hand grim from those messy house repair jobs.

Out of Windex: 
A denture cleaning tablet dissolved in 1 cup of water gets a window clean or a coffee pot clean, allow coffee pot to soak before scrubbing out.

Let me know your cool cleaning recipes!  Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job