Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Why Not Nacho's?

Monday, March 5, 2012

Why Not Nacho's?


As many of you know I have been struggling with a 2 year old that pretty much has herself on the Atkins’s diet plus, chips, and after a recent grandparent visit fishes (those cheddar crackers).  So, I’ve been searching for ways to get more healthy proteins, veggies, and food groups in her.  I came up with an idea yesterday after being asked for the billionth time “chips?” and not looking forward to that nights round of dietary debates.



Why not nacho’s?  Why not cave into my 2 year old demands, but force my own desires for a more balanced health meal by covering them with healthy choices?  I added black beans for protein, fried up some onions and red/green/yellow peppers for vegetables, the obvious cheese to hold it all on top so no chip could be eaten without a little something extra on it, and pan fried cubed chicken for meat!  She was so excited over the nacho’s and unsure of what to make of the stuff stuck on top that I actually managed to get some other food groups besides chips and bacon in her!!!!!! She did try to take some off, but if you put cheese on the bottom and the top of all the toppings than you are bound to get something to literally stick.  So, I’m not sure how long this will work on getting the food groups in her, but for now, it is the most recent success.  If I discover more I’ll post them as well!

This post is a follow-up post to my: Atkins at Two My Picky Eater Problem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job