Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Seat Applelicious Review

Monday, July 27, 2015

Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Seat Applelicious Review

My youngest just turned one and is now big enough to transition out of the infant carrier seat that I have been using.  Recently, their have been new suggestions and tests that suggest that a child should be rear facing until at least the age of two.  I am all about safety, but my last two transitioned to the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1 which is forward facing.  I love our Nautilus and had no idea what I was going to get to tide us over for the next year.  Seriously, sometimes the things you get attached to as a mom come out of left field and I was a little surprised at how hard it was not to repeat the same big kid seat transition to the Nautilus that we had gone through in the past.  In a way it felt like a tradition was being broken and not just delayed as I have every intention of transitioning to the Nautilus when the little is 2.  Back on topic, what am I going to sit my kid in?
So, I did some research and learned from the past, cup-holder is a must, easy to wipe off is a must, recline position for long trip napping is a must, and neutral colors because you never know.  I narrowed it down to a few that had the safety ratings and above listed musts, then I compared prices.  I only will use this for a year or two so price will be a factor.

I found one that fit all my needs and at a great price.  I decided on the Graco My Ride 65 Applelicious.  It had not one but two cup holders, reclined for long ride napping, neutral colors because you never know, and the fabric is very easy to clean. Most importantly it had a great safety rating and the price was right in my range!
I love the grow with me patterned padding that offer my little some extra cushion and grows with them.  My favorite part was no assembly required.  I feel like everything requires that now a days and in the seats case you just remove from box, read instructions, and apply to car!  No slot A goes to G5 with screw K use instrument LL which is very awesome!


Now, I don't know about you, but I am always worried with how things will fit.  I have 3 kids and want to keep them in one row while they are young to help each other out and to so I can keep a close eye on them, plus it gives extra room in the back for my 3 furbabies when the 3rd row is out.  The problem is that even with a wider vehicle like the Excursion fitting 3 across the middle is a little tight.  This seat actually fits well with the two upright boosters for the big kids.  It is wide at the top, but with the current rear facing that doesn't affect the seat placement or space issue at all!

It was very easy for me to stall.  I have an Excursion so the anchor system doesn't apply to me.  Instead I use the seat belt application to secure the seat.  Notice the dummy proof stickers that show exactly where to place the seatbelt.  No confusion or improperly placed seat for me!
It is very easy to switch from the recliner mode to the upright mode if done prior to installation.  I love this as I find that it is easier for the kids to fall asleep if they are slightly reclining.  This allows for that, but is inclined enough where they still have some leg room to grow into.  Well my little does at least.
So, while I am not thrilled about having to delay our Nautilus tradition, I am very happy that I found a great Between Seat.  I was in now way paid for this review and am just passing on our Between Seat Choice to you, take from it what you can and will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job