Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: The Soldier's Tale CD Review

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Soldier's Tale CD Review

The Soldier's Tale CD is an old tale about a soldier weary from this travels who meets a merchant along the way.  Promises of something better that could bring him more money he trades away his beloved violin for a book that tells the future.  Little does he know that he is now intertwined in a back and forth dance with the Devil himself.  A tale of lose and why taking something that looks good without paying better attention this story is great for kids learning the value of skill and hard work versus the easy route and also warns of those offering something that seems like you will be getting something for nothing.  Put to music of Stravinsky's catchy melodies and compelling rhythms makes for a great craft time CD or relaxation time story. 

I really enjoyed this story to music.  The classical music is great for developing minds and even the younger kids in my care got something out of this CD.  They danced or swayed to the music and the older kids got caught up in the struggle of the soldier.  If you are looking for something that brings back the classical music and old value's of hard work and dedication this is a great CD.  It is aimed more for those around 8, however my 2 year old loved to twirl and dance to the music of the orchestra.  It does have the religious aspect of the devil in the story and that should be kept in mind regarding your personal beliefs.  


I will say that I didn't really understand the remix at the end.  It sounded like a blend of Celtic music, techno, and classical orchestra music rolled into one.  While, I didn't understand it, apparently it is exactly what gets those little legs moving and the kids all bounced around even bringing out the music instruments we made to jam out to it.  I personally enjoyed the bio given on Stravinsky at the end while the kids who were all under 6 lost interest once the music and story telling was over.  


All in all I give this Soldier's Tale a full 21 gun salute!!!!! I really loved this and would love your opinion's and thoughts on this CD as you try it for yourselves! Or try to win it with our Giveaway!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Mom Blog Society. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job