Google+ Mommy Moments with Abby: Boho Braid Crown

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Boho Braid Crown


 What is there to do but hair right now?   No one can go to the salon we are all looking a little shaggy right about now.  So, let's have fun with your hair!  You will need a lot of patience, a few kid-appropriate expletives, I say Crimony a lot, skittles to bribe a child into being still,  and don't forget the hair supplies!  We had some fun with this super fun go-to braid crown.  I like this hairstyle because as the bangs grow out you can just add them into the braid across the front to keep them off the eyes!



I started by combing out than wetting the hair.  I parted it down the center line and combed again.  Finding the spot where her part ended at the back of her head I used the pointy end of her comb and created a small square of hair to start. 















Working from the back toward the front I slowly added more hair in every two turns of the braid.  I stopped at her bang-line, but as stated before you can go further and add bangs into this design if you choose.  When I got to the front stopping point I split the hair into two sections. Clipping one side down so I could work on the other.














I then started braiding again, adding hair every one to two turns of the braid until I got to her ear.  I used a small rubber band here to tie off the braid.  Moving to the other side of her head I repeated the process stopping the braid again at her ear. 















I had originally intended on braiding the hair all the way back on both sides but I was running out of Skittles and the natives were getting restless.  To quickly finish off the crown I opted to remove the rubber bands and add a twist the rest of the way back adding hair as I went. 















Once I finished with one side I clipped it tightly to the back of the head and twisted the other side again adding hair as I went.  Bringing the two twists together I rubber banded them together. 
















Now her hair is out of her face and she is looking very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't get enough Mommy Moments?

Need more Mommy Moments? Check out my wedding blog! That's right, Mommy Moments is getting married! Twice!

Shopping Job